Well um last night I began to experience a mildly itchy clitoris

Patient: Well um last night I began to experience a mildly itchy clitoris. It was not bad only irritating. However today it got much worse. Died down after a shower then returned about 6-7 hours later.No itching anywhere else just on my clit

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Here are possible causes of the itching:UTISTDsCandidial infectionIrritation to creams and contraceptive creamsYou should see a Doctor who will help to reach a diagnosis. He will reach a diagnosis by getting a urine and vaginal discharge sample. The samples can be checked by microscopy and culture to decide the microorganisms present.Then, the Doctor will treat you with the following:UTI – AntibioticsSTD – Antibiotics or antiviralsCandida – AntifungalsDrug irritation – Steroid creams and antihistaminesIf you do not achieve cure in 3 days, please see a Doctor.Wishing you a quick recovery.