Welts is it allergies

Patient : Hi I'm a 28 year old female and I get these welts that pop up from time to time with no real cause other than stress I take Benadryl and they go away can stress cause welts
Symptoms:  Welts that itch
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. The neuro-immunology suggests that stres s and effect the immunity and which in turn can modulate the allergies. The allergies do increase with stress and the fact that the welts disappear with benadryl suggests that histamine hypothesis is true and the lesion are allergic. Try relaxation therapy like meditation or yoga to de-stress yourself. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. Wish you good health!