Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Went to bed fine!! woke up like this!!!!

Went to bed fine!! woke up like this!!!!

Patient: My nose runs like tears….My body gets hot and i get chills…My hearing sound muffled….Body sore….(I’m not weak and my apatite is excellent no coughing or sneezing )WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?MY 2 YEAR OLD DOES THE SAME THING AND WE BOTH HAVE ASTHMA.WHAT’S WRONG WITH US

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you and your two year old have both contracted a bacterial or viral inf ection. In fact, this may be caused by the influenza virus. Given the fact that you both have asthma, it is imperative that you both undergo a complete evaluation by your doctor. This is more important for your child as fevers in children this age can lead to seizures which can cause brain damage. Please seek medical attention immediately.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com