Went to my first prenatal visit today

Patient : Went to my first prenatal visit today and according to my LMP I should be 7 weeks . when she did the pelvic exam she said my uterus measured at 5-6 weeks could this be a possible sign of miscarriage? She's sending me for an ultra sound in two weeks
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, If you gyne has done a pelvic exam and then deciphered that it is 5-6 weeks then its a subjective diagnosis and bias filled. You need to get an ultrasound pelvis done to learn the exact gestational age and size of the foetus and if the heart beat has arrived by now or not. Focussing on mere size cannot be a parameter to contemplate miscarriage. Please get the USG done. Regards