Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Went to my usual doc yesterday for what I’d assumed

Went to my usual doc yesterday for what I’d assumed

Patient: Went to my usual doc yesterday for what I’d assumed to be flu. Quick tested for flu and Strep, both read negative. Today, I’ve been experiencing intermittent, sharp pains in my chest and numbness/tingling in my left leg and foot. Doc put me on penicillin while I was there for tonsilitis. Should I be concerned? Should I go visit her again tomorrow?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You might have developed Acid reflux following penicillin or the se symptoms might be just anxiety related. I would advice in such scenario to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domepridone along with Penicillin, that would help in her acid reflux.If you don’t get any relief, see your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.