Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Went to sleep fine and got up to my lips

Went to sleep fine and got up to my lips

Patient: Went to sleep fine and got up to my lips reallybig whatisthis

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Angioedema.It is due to swelling of skin involving epidermis and deep tissues.The most likely reason is an allergic reaction to anything like food, infection, seasonal change, drugs, pollen grains etc.Get your C1 esterase inhibitors level done.In such cases, I prefer to advise antihistaminics like levocetirizine and montelukast to my patients.In recalcitrant cases, Consideration is given to start oral steroids.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.