Went to the hospital this past week with horrible stomach

Q: Went to the hospital this past week with horrible stomach cramping. I vomited a few times and had diarrhea. I had (and still have) dark urine when I urinate. I have a history of gallstone issues that are documented I want to say too. While being kept in the hospital, the stomach cramping stopped after the next day of being kept there. They did a barium test that showed no blockage in the cat scan, which was studied a while. They told me it had to be a blockage somewhere in the biliary ducts or the tree itself. I have had no pain whatsoever as far as gall bladder obstruction is concerned. This jaundice continues with me having no pain at all, as well as the dark color of my urine. I am lost on all of this. What else could this possibly be?

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

You seem to have developed Obstructive Jaundice. This occurs due to obstruction of common bile duct as a result of a stone slipped into bile duct from gall bladder.
This can even result in pancreatitis, and the pain abdomen and vomitings you had, might be because of that only.
I would advice in such scenario, to get Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) done which is special type of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam that produces detailed images of the hepatobiliary and pancreatic systems, including the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas and pancreatic duct.
Accordingly endoscopic resonance cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) can be performed for the removal of the stone followed by removal of gall bladder.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy