Wet cast two days before removing

Patient

Q: Fractured my ankle last month while hiking and was put in a fiberglass cast three weeks later. I have been good not getting wet until today. The tip of my cast where my toes are is wet but the rest of my cast is dry. I only have two more days until it comes off. Should I get a new cast or just wait the two days?

Symptoms:  Wet cast
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Since it is only two days until the removal of your case, your fracture has likely healed. There should be no need to have a new cast placed for two more days. Simply await its removal, and you should be fine.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com