What are the chances of getting pregnant if it’s a

Patient: What are the chances of getting pregnant if it’s a week after period and plan b was taken with in an hour?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,If the plan b was taken within an hour though you may be on day 1 0-11 of your cycle ( onset of fertile period), still plan b when taken within 72 hrs of last intercourse has a success rate of 99%.The withdrawal bleeding following plan-b should start in next 5-7 days and once it arrives it shall indirectly confirm that you are not pregnant at all as all the endometrium shall be shed and implantation shall be prevented.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you safe sexual practices,Regards

Patient: That’s such a relief so there is a 99% chance nothing will happen no matter what stage the period is on?

Doctor: yes that is true. now just wait for the withdrawal bleeding to occur.

Patient: Okay thank you so much

Doctor: you are most welcome. Take care.

Patient: What if the bleeding doesn’t start?

Patient: What about if it was 14 days after period?

Patient: The period ended in beginning of October

Patient: I’m freaking out please answer as soon as you can

Patient: 5 days after period sorry

Doctor: If the bleeding doesn’t start after 10 days then get a serum beta hcg test done to rule out pregnancy possibly due to ecp failure and if the result is still negative then she can opt for a withdrawal bleed with progesterones.

Patient: What do you mean by withdrawal bleed with progesterones?

Patient: I keep reading things online that it doesn’t work if it’s 5 days after her period ended.

Doctor: It is true that in some cases the bleeding may not occur as a proper menses as the endometrialization s not complete but you may experience some scanty bleed in next 5-7 days post plan b intake which should be considered as the expected withdrawal bleed.