What are the common side effects of the medifast diet?

Q: I'm 25 years old and have a problem with my weight since childhood. I also have a history of allergy to eggs. I am interested in the medifast diet program but am afraid of the side effects of the plan. I was wondering what are the common side effects of the medifast diet?

A:   The common side effects of the medifast diet are :
i) : Dieters commonly complain of leg cramps during the diet process due to a lack of potassium. However, dieters should note that high levels of potassium can affect the heart’s performance, which is why it is highly recommended to consult your doctor before doing the diet. Keeping the body well hydrated can also help reduce the occurrence of leg cramps.
ii) s : Digestive problems such as diarrhea, constipation and gas are also common to dieters who have shifted to the Medifast Diet. These problems usually occur during the initial stage of the weight loss program, which indicates the change of diet and adaptation period of the body.Over the counter medicine is recommended to help relieve these problems. It is once again highly recommended to see a doctor if these digestive problems continue.For those who are lactose intolerant and often suffers from digestive gas problems, it is recommend that they take the medifast lactose free meals to counter the issue.
iii) : Other side effects such as hair loss, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, rash and feeling cold, could results from the Medifast low calorie meals. If the problem still continues dieters should see their doctor for further solution or recommendation. I would recommend that your consult with your doctor before starting any diet programs, take care.