What are the effects of sleep deprivation? My boyfriend has

Patient : What are the effects of sleep deprivation? My boyfriend has not slept for going on 6 days, and I'm not sure if it has caused anything else. He falls asleep standing up or sitting down and it really worries me because he has no idea what is going on when he does.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Persistent insomnia or sleep deprivation can be hazardous to the mind and the body. I t will lead to dizziness, fainting attacks, generalised weakness, headache, anxiety, tremors, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, electrolyte imbalances and can even increase the blood pressure and blood sugars as well. It is important that the condition is treated immediately. Consider consulting a psychiatrist for the same and attend a few counselling sessions and behaviour therapy. If required, medications need to be started. It is better that he avoids routine work like going to office or studies which need concentration and not exert himself. He needs complete physical rest until recovery. Hope this helped. Regards