What are the odds of a man causing a miscarriage

Patient

Q: What are the odds of a man causing a miscarriage by taking 20 mg of Paxil.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

According to few studies Paxil like antidepressants may affect the fertility by affecting DNA of spermatozoa, which may lead to chromosomal abnormalities and miscarriages sometimes.
So, if your partner conceives while you are using Paxil, regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations are needed to monitor the well-being of the baby and to detect any possible abnormality at the earliest, so that necessary action can be taken.

Take care