What are the risks of having splinters in my foot, what can I do?

Q: A few hours ago I went swimming in a rocky area, as I was climbing back onto the rocky shore I stumbled and landed on my left foot thus embedding these black splinter-like things into my foot. I have done my best to remove the ones that are sticking out, but many seem to be under the skin and I can see them as dots all over my heel. I have disinfected the area with alcohol swaps, but I am not sure what to do next? The pharmacies in my area are currently closed, is this something urgent that I need to visit a doctor for, will they leave my skin all by themselves? What kind of consequences might I face if I leave them alone? I am very active physically and I cannot even begin to accept having this constant pain in my left foot for the rest of my life so please help me. Thank you.