What are the signs of knowing someone is an Alcoholic?

Patient : Hello, this is not about me, I made this account to ask questions towards my father because I am very nervous about his health and we'll being. I don't know if he is an alcoholic, but I'm pretty sure he is and that's what I need help with. So, he has not gotten drunk in like 8 months and my mom and I wee proud of his progress, but then came Easter and my dads FREIND called him up and told him to go this house, keep in mind that all his freinds are heavy drinkers but they are not alcoholics. My dad decides to go to the event and doesn't come back to the house the next day. Every time there's a holiday he gets drunk, and stays drunk for 4 days straight. He is also very insecure has high cholesterol and gets panic attacks, whenever he wants to go out yo drink( it basically prevents him from having the panic attack, saids his doctor) anyways is he an alcoholic based on the info I gave you guys?? Should he seek medical help?? I really would appreciate it if you guys would answer me, I am very worried for my father. Thanks
Symptoms:  Alcohol binging
Doctor :   Your father is definitely alcoholic. Owing to his high cholesterol levels, panic attacks and his psychology, it is advis able to seek medical help to prevent him from drinking alcohol. First consult a physician for general checkup to know his physical status. Then followup with a psychiatrist for counseling and administering measures to stop alcoholism. It is tough for him to stop from alcoholism and time taking procedure, but proper care and support from family and friends will definitely help him.