What are the symptoms once I stop taking birth control pills?

Patient: I wanted some advice. I came off the pill beginning of May after just having my period. I then bled for a few days after this. I have had unprotected sex a few times since. I now have very sore nipples and soft breasts….they are becoming more sore as time goes on. I am weeing more and slightly bloated. I have done 2 pregnancy tests both of which are negative. I wanted to ask whether the symptoms are related to me coming off the pill (even though I haven’t had symptoms like them before) or whether it could be early signs of pregnancy despite the negative tests. Thanks you for your time.

Doctor: Thank you for your queryOnly based on symptoms we cannot predict whether you are pregnant or not. Pregnancy is possibl e in your case. Home test pregnancy kits will give accurate results if tested 7 to 10 days past the expected date of menstrual cycle. If you are too anxious it is better to opt for a blood test which are more accurate and can detect low levels of the hormone βhCG produced in very low concentrations in early pregnancy.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.