Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What are the warning signs of diabetes

What are the warning signs of diabetes

Patient: What are some of the warning signs that I may have gotten Diabetes. I feel very down, depressed and tired these days and I also have a very high family history..ie my mother, grandparents, aunts and uncles all from my maternal side have diabetes.

Doctor: Your family history of diabetes puts you at very high risk. If anyone of the following have occured: still hungry after eating, always thirsty, a very dry mouth, going to the bathroom to pee often, still loosing weight even though you are always eating, more tired than usual…I then strongly suggest you go visit your family doctor to get tested for diabetes. Remember once again your family history concerns me and puts you at high risk. All the best