What can cause a burning sensation in my penis during urination?

Patient : What can cause a burning sensation in my penis during urination? I haven't had sex in over 10 years so I think an STD is unlikely.
Symptoms:  Burning
Doctor :   Urinary tract infection (UTI) is defined as the presence of multiplying micro-organisms (bugs) in the tract through whic h urine flows from the kidneys via the bladder to the outside world. Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are rare in adult males younger than 50 years but increase in incidence thereafter. Causes of adult male UTIs include prostatitis, epididymitis, orchitis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, and urinary catheters. Owing to the normal male urinary tract’s many natural defenses to infection, many experts consider UTIs in males, by definition, to be complicated (ie, more likely to be associated with anatomic abnormalities, requiring surgical intervention to prevent sequelae). UTIs are rare in men, so all cases require investigation. Prostatitis, the infection or inflammation of the prostate (a gland beneath the bladder that produces some components of semen), causes symptoms that can be mistaken for UTI in men. f you suspect you have a urinary tract infection, head to the doctor. You'll be asked to give a urine sample, which will be tested for the presence of UTI-causing bacteria. The treatment? Antibiotics to kill the intruders. As always, be sure to finish off the prescribed cycle of medicine completely, even after you start to feel better. And drink lots of water -- and cranberry juice -- to help flush the bacteria from your system. Your doctor may prescribe a medication to soothe the pain -- a heating pad may also be helpful.