What can cause middle back pain only on left side?

Patient : What can cause middle back pain only on left side?
Doctor :   Hello Welcome to Ask The Doctor. You seem to have developed Muscular back pain In case you have any radiation of pa in to legs associated with tingling and numbness, i would advise you to get a MRI Lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, you would be treated accordingly. For muscular pain, i advise to take a combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocholchiside.You should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.You should also physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy