Thank you for choosing ATD.
The symptoms you describe point towards a chronic cough. A chronic cough is one where the symptoms last for more than 3 weeks. The causes of Chronic cough can be:
- Post nasal drip
- Lung diseases like asthma and bronchitis
- Infections like pneumonia and Tuberculosis
- Some medications like ACE inhibitors
- Lung disorders causing fibrosis
Assuming that you have had the cough first, it can cause your other symptoms of fever, stuffiness and headaches. This is because in general you will be feeling weak and the other symptoms become more evident.
Though you need to see a Doctor as soon as possible, here are a few things you can do till you meet a Doctor:
- Warm salt water gargles - These will help to clear the phlegm in the throat and make it easier to breathe
- Steam inhalation to help you to breathe better and reduce headache
- Vicks to help with breathing
- Paracetamol for the headache
- Drink lots of water
This should help you to have some temporary relief. If the disease is severe or an infection of any sort, you will need antibiotics. A Doctor will help you reach a diagnosis and start you on antibiotic treatment.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. All the best.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.