What can congestion, stopped up head, cough and phlegm on

Patient : What can congestion, stopped up head, cough and phlegm on throat be? Had symptoms for almost a month
Doctor :   Thank you for choosing ATD. The symptoms you describe point towards a chronic cough. A chronic cough is one where t he symptoms last for more than 3 weeks. The causes of Chronic cough can be: - Post nasal drip - Lung diseases like asthma and bronchitis - Infections like pneumonia and Tuberculosis - Some medications like ACE inhibitors - Smoking - Lung disorders causing fibrosis - Cancers Assuming that you have had the cough first, it can cause your other symptoms of fever, stuffiness and headaches. This is because in general you will be feeling weak and the other symptoms become more evident. Though you need to see a Doctor as soon as possible, here are a few things you can do till you meet a Doctor: - Warm salt water gargles - These will help to clear the phlegm in the throat and make it easier to breathe - Steam inhalation to help you to breathe better and reduce headache - Vicks to help with breathing - Paracetamol for the headache - Drink lots of water This should help you to have some temporary relief. If the disease is severe or an infection of any sort, you will need antibiotics. A Doctor will help you reach a diagnosis and start you on antibiotic treatment. Wishing you a speedy recovery. All the best.