What can I do to improve my mental health

Patient : For years Ive suffered from seasonal depression. Never diagnosed, but have recognized the signs over the years. I need a way to get over it, without pills. I just dont know how - it's coming to the point where i dont know how much more i'll take it - Im lost and have no one to turn to. My question is, what can I do to improve this in a natural way? *Please note I do already eat fairly healthy, as i know diet can also affect your mental health
Symptoms:  High levels of anxiety, which leads to a large increase in heart rate; Consistent thoughts of suicide, generally beginning mid October, through til March or April; Feelings of loneliness/unhappy thoughts; self en-flicked bodily harm; mood swings; the feeling of being "blank" or empty; unable to carry social interaction;
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Seasonal depression is a not a very unco mmon condition. Drugs are a good treatment option but if you don't want to use drugs then among the natural treatment light therapy is very effective in seasonal depression. In light therapy , light of a treatment frequency and intensity is to be given early in the morning using a light box before sunrise and natural sunlight. There are special devices available to deliver this therapeutic light of 2500 to 10000 lux. Now-a-days there are even spectacles available which deliver therapeutic light therapy to the patient. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you in future. Wish you good health!