Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What can I give my constipated new born? She has

What can I give my constipated new born? She has

Patient: What can I give my constipated new born? She has been crying trying to poop and cannot do it. It has been 24 hrs since she last pooped.

Symptoms: Constipated

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.This is absolutely normal . New born’s have constipation normally and this is natural for newborn to pass stools once in 2-3 days. You don’t need to give him/her any medicine for that.You just need to fed him/her with your breast milk daily. In cases where baby is not able to pass gas, and we feel through clinical examination that the abdomen is distended, in that case we give Simethicone drops to them, which help in passing the flatus.However, they should be used only if abdomen is distended.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy