What can it be that I am get knee pain

Patient

Q: What can it be that I am get knee pain when I am going up or down the stairs?

Symptoms:  Knee pain
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Common cause of such knee pain is early osteoarthritis of knee but your age doesn't favour this. Another cause of knee pain is patella femoral syndrome in your age. Rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen is helpful in reducing the pain.

Another cause can be vitamin D deficiency. You are advised to get your vitamin D level and if found low you can take its supplements ( vitamin D3). You can further investigate it by x ray and MRI of knee joint. Quadriceps exercises are useful and beneficial. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.