Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What caused my ovary to swell and not have periods

What caused my ovary to swell and not have periods

Patient: What caused my ovary to swell and not have periods

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description, there is possibility of poly cystic ovary disease.PCOD presents with symptoms like irregular menstrual cycles, anovulation, insulin resistance, excess growth of hair on the face etc due to gonadal hormonal imbalance and excess androgen levels.Because of the presence of multiple follicles the size of the ovaries can increase.By ultrasound and gonadal hormonal profile, the possibility of PCOD can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.So, please consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.