x
177 Physicians Online

Question:

What Causes a Hypodense Lesion on the Liver?

Hello I am a 34 yr old female. I have had slight pain on the right side of my belly button about two inches away from it. I had a CT scan done and the doc reported a 1.3X0.4cm hypodense lesion in segment 7 of my liver. Should this cause pain? Is it of concern? How long do I wait to see if it will go away before seeing the doc again? Thanks

Answer:

A hypodense lesion does not enhance on injection of intravenous contrast and may represent a benign lesion, haemangioma, simple hepatic cyst, abscess, lipoma, or a malignant lesion. To reach a diagnosis in your case, it is necessary to discuss the findings of this scan with your physician, and in the context of clinical symptoms, physical examination and liver function tests.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA