What causes muscle weakness?

Patient

Q: What causes mucel weak ness?

Symptoms:  weak muceles
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. There could be many causes for muscle weakness. This is a very broad topic but we will try to give you some of the most common causes of muscle weakness:

The most common cause of muscle weakness is fatigue. Fatigue could either be due problems with the neuromuscular conduction system, your electrolyte levels, glucose levels, or level of activity.

If you are experiencing weakness without any known origins that you can think of, please see your physician as soon as possible to have this assessed.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com