Pneumonia is a Respiratory tract and lung infection which is caused by either bacteria ( mostly Streptococcus ) or viruses. The infection is transmitted through air borne droplets which can carry the bacteria and thus the mold in the room could have been the source of the same. You need to put your son in a clean , warm room as mold and dampness can lead to reinfection as well as other respiratory problems.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.