x
166 Physicians Online

Question:

What causes pneumonia and how is it spread?

My son is 3 years old and just bin diagnosed with npheumonia hes bin sleeping in a bedroom with damp and mold for six months could this be the cause?

Answer:

Pneumonia is a Respiratory tract and lung infection which is caused by either bacteria ( mostly Streptococcus ) or viruses. The infection is transmitted through air borne droplets which can carry the bacteria and thus the mold in the room could have been the source of the same. You need to put your son in a clean , warm room as mold and dampness can lead to reinfection as well as other respiratory problems.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA