What causes wrinkles, What are the treatment options available?

Patient

Q: What is the anatomical basis for the annoying wrinkles and the surgeons ability to remove them with no scars?

Doctor

A:   Wrinkles are caused do the the natural process of aging, repetitive facial movements, sun damage, smoking, poor hydration, and degradation of skin collagen. The treatment of wrinkles would be to avoid the sun, use sunscreens, adequate hydration, foods rich in vitamin A & E. Surgical options would be Botox injections and dermal fillers.