What could a penny size white sore on the tongue

Patient : What could a penny size white sore on the tongue be. A few smaller ones underneath the tongue
Symptoms:  Sore tongue, hard to swallow
What could a penny size whi...-1
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I understand your concern. As per details, there are following possibilities for your symptoms: 1 ) Candidal infection- fungal infection involving tongue. Since you are on methotrexate which is an immunosuppressive drug, infection may set in very easily. For this, antifungals are started including clotrimazole and oral fluconazole. 2)Leukoplakia- it is premalignant condition of skin . For confirmation of the diagnosis, Skin biopsy is done. I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Stay healthy