What could be causing knee pain and sensations?

Patient

Q: I'm 16 and i've had knee pain for around the past 7 months which seems to be progressively getting worse. It began with a cracking noise in my right knee which happened if i move my knee backwards then forwards, it's really loud and can be heard clearly. First of all this caused no pain, but then it began becoming stiff in the morning. My left knee was okay until i hyperextended it at football and now if i sit down and bring my left knee into my torso i feel something crunch and it causes a sharp pain, this also happens if i run up the stairs two at a time, it's as if something is catching... It is uncomfortable to sit cross legged now and they both really ache is i lie down in the same place for too long and are really achy at night, meaning it can sometimes put me off sleeping.

I play A LOT of football and i'm not sure if it's anything to do with that. I've read up on osteoarthritis and the symptoms seem to be similar..

Also i get the feeling as if my knees are bruised when i touch the insides (the side of my knee closest to my other knee) although no bruise is visible, and this happens often, especially the day after exercise.

Also if i was to sit on the floor and put my right knee up like a triangle and tense it really hurts with a sharp pain.

Any help is appreciated!

Here's my knees (ignore the shorts and mess!!!)

when i said about the ''insides'' i mean the bits that make my knees look as if they're bending inwards.

thanks!

Doctor