What could be causing painful (stinging) and rather frequent urination?

Patient: What could be causing painful (stinging) and rather frequent urination? I also feel like I need to urinate however when I go to the toilet nothing comes out

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.To recapitulate: young female- on contraceptive pills – need to urinate but nothing comes out – painful (stinging) and rather frequent urination – Wants to know the reasons:The reasons can be:- Urinary tract infection- Severe cystitis causing inflammation at the trigone, a part of the urinary bladder at the outlet of the bladder as this is very sensitive.- Bladder stone- irritates the trigone- Anxiety and stress can add on the symptoms- Dehydration can add on the symptoms by causing concentrated urine.Go for:Send the Urine sample for culture and sensitivity examination before starting the antibiotic to get a proper report.tests of blood, ultrasonography help in further diagnosis.Get started on proper treatment.plenty of oral fluids.Hope this helps.