What could be causing painful (stinging) and rather frequent urination?

Patient : What could be causing painful (stinging) and rather frequent urination? I also feel like I need to urinate however when I go to the toilet nothing comes out
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. To recapitulate: young female- on contraceptive pills - need to urinate but nothing comes out - painful (stinging) and rather frequent urination - Wants to know the reasons: The reasons can be: - Urinary tract infection - Severe cystitis causing inflammation at the trigone, a part of the urinary bladder at the outlet of the bladder as this is very sensitive. - Bladder stone- irritates the trigone - Anxiety and stress can add on the symptoms - Dehydration can add on the symptoms by causing concentrated urine. Go for: Send the Urine sample for culture and sensitivity examination before starting the antibiotic to get a proper report. tests of blood, ultrasonography help in further diagnosis. Get started on proper treatment. plenty of oral fluids. Hope this helps.