What could be causing this kidney pain I have had for a few years?

Patient : I have had this pain in or around my left kidney for a few years now. It comes and goes and usually doesn't hurt unless I touch the area, but gets worse when menstruating and that is without touching it. However, I am currently about 28 weeks pregnant and the pain has been increasing the last few days even when no pressure is applied. And tonight, I have started having sharp and stabbing pains. I've had many, many urine tests done and they always come back negative for infection. And I don't really know how to tell if it's actually the kidney or the muscles around the kidney that hurt. And I don't know if it could be bad for my baby.