What could be causing this pain ?

Q: I have been having left abdominal pain for about 3 weeks now . It radiates to the whole back and now left part of chest . I have had a ct scan , blood work done , and upper and lower endoscopy done. All they could find is that I am anemic . I have had low grade fevers with this pain , chills , nausea . What do you think it is ?

Symptoms:  Left abdominal pain that radiates up to left chest and to the whole back , nausea , low grade fevers, and chills

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may be suffering from a gastrointestinal infection which is causing your pain. Another possible example my be related to your reproductive system. You may have contracted a pelvic infection leading to inflammation of the left sided fallopian tube, which could be causing your pain. Please see your doctor for further evaluation. You will need to have a pelvic ultrasound and examination to assist your doctor at arriving at the appropriate diagnosis.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com