What could be the cause of contstant green snot in one nostril all year round?

Patient : My 8 year old son constantly has thick green snot in one nostril all year round. He's had his adenoids and tonsils removed but this hasn't helped. He had severe glue ear as a baby and is always being given antibiotics which worries me. He was diagnosed with Asthma and Rhinitus two months ago with a breathing reading of 80! He was put on a steroid pump but his reading went up to 88. He's now on Montelukast every day which brought his rate down to 52. I think his nose problem is causing/making the asthma worse and need to get his nose sorted but all doctors don't want to investigate. He suffers all the time and has so much time off school. I'm trying to eliminate the causes myself so he's currently on a no dairy diet for two weeks. Please can you offer any advice?
Symptoms:  Constant green snot in one nostril all year round.