Ask The Doctor > Pending > What could cause an elevated 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin d level?

What could cause an elevated 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin d level?

Patient: 28/f/5’2″/120 lbsI had 2 vitamin D tests that came back were very high (127 and 140 pg/ML) and to cut vitamin D from my diet, but my doc still doesn’t know the cause of the elevated levels.Turns out after I did some research, I think they ordered the wrong test. The test ordered was 1 25 dihydroxyvitamin d (calcitriol) and not 25(OH)D (calcifediol).I’m waiting to hear when I can get in for the right test. Meanwhile, my symptoms are absolutely terrible, to the point I cannot get out of bed for more than a few hours.I’m going to see an endocrinologist but after dealing with this for 1 year+ I’ve lost a lot of trust in my medical group. I’m trying to come up with a list of tests to see what could cause this:- 25-hydroxy-vitamin D (correct D test)- T3- T4- Liver Function: PT, INR- Creatinine – urine- Calcium – urine- Check chest X-ray/CT for granulomas (sarcoidosis?)- Angiotensin-converting enzyme- Lyme- Epstein barr- Blood eosinophilia (pulmonary eosinophilia?)- Head MRI or LP (MS?)Is there any other tests I should be asking for? I’m so tired of getting stuck and feeling like crap. I want to eliminate as many possibilities as I can in one shot.

Symptoms: – Ears feeling full
– Ears ringing
– Dizzy spells
– Vertigo
– Heart racing randomly, especially in the morning
– Night sweats
– Insomnia at night
– Sleep for 12-14 hours a day, still tired
– Fatigue
– Bright lights hurt my eyes
– Lights in the corners of my vision
– Foggy thinking
– Confusion
– Can’t concentrate/remember simple things
– Headaches at the front of my head
– Stiff neck
– Pain in finger joints, hand weakness
– Hands and feet go numb very often
– Muscle twitching in legs and arms
– Constant cough – sometimes with clear phlegm
– Hard to swallow sometimes
– Random chest pain

Doctor: