What could cause this

Patient : I have pain in back/shoulder feels kinda like its back of my lung
Symptoms:  Pain I do cough but I also smoke
Doctor :   Thank you for question. This pain you are experiencing could be due to an infection of the pleura. The pleura is a prote ctive lining which surrounds the lungs. Another possible cause is that this infection may actually be due to an infection within the lungs. Since you are a smoker, you are indeed at higher risk for infections such as pneumonia. We recommend that you promptly go to your doctor to have your lungs evaluated. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com