What could it be?

Patient

Q: Hello, i didn't know which section to put this in
I was wandering if you could give me some advice.
About just under a month ago i fell down my stairs but didnt break anything i just badly bruised the top of my left leg and i had some swelling too.
And now whenever i am in bed or lying or sittting and keep it in the same place for a long time and try to move,walk orturn over in bed i get a big sharp pain go from the top of my leg down as if it was muscle it is sometimes enough that i loose felling in my foot and sometimes i have to sit back down it is that painful, but then after abouts 10 - 15 mins of using my leg mainly walking it is kind of back to norm.
what could it be, could it be muscle, or something else?
thank you for your time

Doctor