Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What could make my period come on twice. Having a lot of pregnancy symptoms

What could make my period come on twice. Having a lot of pregnancy symptoms

Patient: My period came on May 3 2014 and ended May 5 2014. Period was very light then got a little heavy then went off. Had a lot of unprotected sex. Last period came on April 6 2014 lasted 5 days. My period came on again may 28 2014. Stopped taking birth control in early April. Took pregnancy test may 11 negative result. Period now is dark red with clear mucus and kinda brown as well. Period started real light with light pink discharge. What could make my period come on twice. Having a lot of pregnancy symptoms

Symptoms: Sleeping all the time
Sore breast
Nausea
Frequent urination
Headaches

Doctor: Thank you for your query.As per your query it looks like you are having your period on the 26th day which is just tw o days ahead of the regular 28 day cycle. Wait and see if you are having your regular menstrual with normal flow as per your previous periods. If not opt for a home pregnancy test 3-4 days later to see if you are pregnant. If possible you can get a blood test done for the hormone βhCG for pregnancy, which provides more accurate results even in cases of an early pregnancy.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.