What could this wart-like looking lesion be??

Patient : This has been on my right arm just below the for about a year. It's a bit rough, and the skin or whatever it is, is dry-ish and flaky. it is not sore or sensitive I don't know if this is a wart or not... I tried freezing it a few times, and no visible change. There is nothing else like this on me. I've kept a band-aid over it and put that otc healing cream on it (forgot name) and no visible change. Can you just tell me if this is actually a wart? thanks!
Doctor :   It looks like a wart, but you may need to see a dermatologist for a biopsy test to confirm the diagnosis. It may be requ ired to differentiate it from seborrheic keratosis, a benign lesion that has a very similar appearance and no significant symptoms.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi my wife noticed a skin like bump outside her anus by the vaginal area was wondering what it may be

Q: Hello sir, I have seen some unusual growths along the lining of my throat. I am afraid it could be warts caused by hp...

Q: Is there a home remedy I can try to get rid of a wart inside my nose. I have had it for several years and my dermato...

Q: Hi i have been having redness and swelling of my urethra, and also the skin underneath the head of my penis has becom...

Q: I have noticed some warts on my genitals, i once had one when i was 22 years old, and was removed by the doctor in my...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon