What date did I concieve

Patient

Q: I had unprotected sex on 12/11/15 but he didn't ejaculate inside me, I took the morning after pill aswel the next morning, i took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive 2-3 weeks, could I have already been pregnant a while before taking the pill

Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com

It is indeed a possibility that you became pregnant before 12 th nov sexual episode as the pregnancy test has come out to be positive and there was no withdrawal bleed which ought to have occurred within 7 days after taking the morning pill.

However the exact period of conception can be ascertained by doing a transvaginal ultrasound dating of the pregnancy which can give an ultrasonological approximation of the period of gestation. The pill usage would not affect the pregnancy in any ways and no chances of abnormalities due to morning pill. So, incase you plan to continue the pregnancy , it is advised that you may undergo a dating scan after a week and consult your physician for further antenatal advice accordingly.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health ,
regards