Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What diet is recommended post angioplasty?

What diet is recommended post angioplasty?

Patient: I had undergone angioplasty around 1 month back.I am confused with what type of diet should i take.What type of precautions in diet should i take?Am i allowed to take alcohol ?

Doctor: Thanks for consulting us. There is no diet specific to heart disease. Eat plenty fruits and vegetables. If you are diabe tic, follow the diabetic specific diet. Fresh food like whole grains, beans and legumes, nuts, fatty fish, and teas are important offering heart-protective nutrients. Food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids like Salmon, Flaxseed, Almonds, Walnut etc are helpful. Consult dietitian for more information on specific diet and diet menu to be followed.