Thanks for choosing "Ask the Doctor" for posting your query.
Eating a healthy balanced diet is very important for maintaining good health. You may follow following points:
1. Eliminate sugar and starches. Stick to healthier carb sources like oats, fruits, rice or potatoes
2. Take a high protein diet. Include egg and meat if you can, if not, eat legumes, sprouts and pulses.
3. Add lots of fiber in your diet.
4. Drink water before your meal so that you take a small part.
5. Walk a little after eating.
These are all general considerations for a healthy life. However, I would suggest you to visit your doctor and get your blood sugar level and BP checked. Then a diet plan can be made with help of a nutritionist according to your needs and limitations.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
Wish you good health!
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.