Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What do i do if an absess got bigger on

What do i do if an absess got bigger on

Patient: What do i do if an absess got bigger on meds

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.When the abscess is getting bigger even on antibiotics, it me ans one of the following:- That the antibiotics were started late and the abscess formation has already started .- Bacteria not responding to that particular antibiotic.I would advise you the following in such a situation:- Consult a General Surgeon to get clinical evaluation, examination and treatment in the form of lancing (incision and drainage).Send the sample of the pus for culture and sensitivity.- Regular dressingChange over to another antibiotic and anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen.I hope this answer helps you.