What do I do when a sinus infection affects my asthama?

Patient

Q: What do I do when a sinus infection affects my asthma? Such things irritate my asthma, what are also some home remedies to help?

Doctor

It is common to have sinusitis now and then when you have a history of asthma.Here are a few tips to help you deal with the same
Steam inhalations will help, you can add a drop of eucalyptus oil to it and take steam many times in a day. It relieves nose block and post nasal drip due to sinusitis
Keep yourself covered and warm.
Avoid the allergens like dust, pollen, animal fur, fumes and perfumes, they can trigger a sinusitis
Using nasal drops of pseudoephedrine can relieve the nose blocks
Increase the intake of vitamin C may be in the form of supplements or natural sources like citrus fruits
Hope this helped.
Reagrds