Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What do I do when a sinus infection affects my asthama?

What do I do when a sinus infection affects my asthama?

Patient: What do I do when a sinus infection affects my asthma? Such things irritate my asthma, what are also some home remedies to help?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is common to have sinusitis now and then when you have a history of asthma.Here are a few tips to help you deal with the sameSteam inhalations will help, you can add a drop of eucalyptus oil to it and take steam many times in a day. It relieves nose block and post nasal drip due to sinusitisKeep yourself covered and warm.Avoid the allergens like dust, pollen, animal fur, fumes and perfumes, they can trigger a sinusitisUsing nasal drops of pseudoephedrine can relieve the nose blocksIncrease the intake of vitamin C may be in the form of supplements or natural sources like citrus fruitsHope this helped.Reagrds