What do it mean if you bleed during intercourse

Patient

Q: What do it mean if you bleed during intercourse because every since then i miss my period for 2 months after that happen

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Bleeding during intercourse is not common and can happen due to some injury sustained during intercourse.
It can also be a mid-cycle bleeding or the bleeding that happens during ovulation in some cases.

I am not very clear from your history, but if you did not get period in 2 months, you first, need to rule out pregnancy by the urine test and considering it is negative, you can go for additional tests for hormonal imbalance. A detailed evaluation will include Serum FSH/LH, Serum Oestrogen/ Progesterone and Thyroid Profile. An ultrasound whole abdomen will help in ruling out Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a common cause of irregular periods.

Hope this was helpful.
Regards.