What do it mean if you bleed during intercourse

Patient : What do it mean if you bleed during intercourse because every since then i miss my period for 2 months after that happen
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Bleeding during intercourse is not c ommon and can happen due to some injury sustained during intercourse. It can also be a mid-cycle bleeding or the bleeding that happens during ovulation in some cases. I am not very clear from your history, but if you did not get period in 2 months, you first, need to rule out pregnancy by the urine test and considering it is negative, you can go for additional tests for hormonal imbalance. A detailed evaluation will include Serum FSH/LH, Serum Oestrogen/ Progesterone and Thyroid Profile. An ultrasound whole abdomen will help in ruling out Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a common cause of irregular periods. Hope this was helpful. Regards.