What do you think of the brava system?

Patient

Q: Is there any real natural way to enhance breasts without surgery? (such as: brava system, pills, creams, etc.). Do these techniques work or do you think a breast implant is still the best way to go?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question.
Unfortunately. there is no way to increase breast size in the absence of surgery. The Brava system involves a procedure known as external tissue expansion followed by fat transplantation (grafting). The patient my wear suction cup devices over the breasts for a period of 4-6 weeks. Once the suction period is over, liposuction is done to harvest fat cells. The fat that is suctioned out is then injected into the breasts. This does require a general anesthetic.
Currently, fat grafting has about a 40-50% take rate. What that means is that 50-60% of the volume that is injected will resorb.

In my opinion, breast augmentation with implants is the best way to enhance breast size. There are many options to consider and all are very safe. Silicone breast implants have been on the market for many years and make up more than 90% of breast augmentation in North America. There are many different sizes to choose from, that you plastic surgeon will assist you in determining. When you see your doctor in consultation, they will take a series of measurements to help determine what implant is right for you. Next, you will discuss the pocket location (either above or below the muscle) and the incision placement. These include inframammary (in the breast crease), peri-areolar (around the areola), or transaxillary (through a fold in the armpit). Lastly, your surgeon will discuss with you whether they will use a textured or smooth implant.

It is important to form a good relationship with your plastic surgeon and feel comfortable to ask any and all questions that you have prior to surgery.