Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What does a sharp-shooting pain in the middle of my

What does a sharp-shooting pain in the middle of my

Patient: What does a sharp-shooting pain in the middle of my chest mean? Should I be worried? I’m only 19.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Any pain in the chest should always be investigated. The causes of a shooting pain in the chest could be angina, an impending heart attack, gastritis, gall bladder stones or inflammation, arrhythmia or palpitations.Even a simple muscle catch can also cause uneasiness.Kindly see a physician at the earliest and get an ECG and ECHO done for the heart.Avoid smoking, alcohol and stress.Based on the condition the doctor would treat you accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards