What does an MRI finding T2 hyperintense/T1 hypointense marrow signal

Q: What does an MRI finding T2 hyperintense/T1 hypointense marrow signal alteration involving the tibial hallux sesamoid with an gaseous defect along its proportion and question of fragmentation involving its proximal aspect. There is a small first metatarsophalangeal joint effusion. There is ill defined soft tissue swelling along the dorsal aspect of the first toe. There may be first extension tenosynovitis.
No evdence of osseous. Bipartite tibial hallux sesamoid with accompanying marrow edema.
This is the MRI report, but the podiatrist said it showed nothing he could do. Toe is swollen and painful and gout has been ruled out

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

According to MRI report there may be tenosynovitis of extensor tendon of great toe. It is inflammation of tendon sheath of tendon going to great toe dorsally. Rest to foot and analgesic such as ibuprofen is its primary treatment.

Local injection of triamcilone ( steroid)in the tendon sheath may be given for quick relief. There is some joint fluid in first metatarsophalangeal joint but it not of much significance. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.