What does high TPO antibodies, high TSH, high sensitivity an

Patient: What does high TPO antibodies, high TSH, high sensitivity and high thyroglobulin antibodies mean? Everything else was in normal range.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.High TPO antibodies and high Thyroglobulin antibodies indicat e that the person is most probably suffering from an Autoimmune Disorder of Thyroid gland.In this condition the body starts feeling that particular organ is not a part of the body hence it starts producing antibodies (the fighter) against its own organ. This is detected by the above mentioned tests.The TSH is produced by the pituitary gland situated below the brain and regulates the thyroid gland (it is not produced by the thyroid gland)It is raised in response to the low levels of thyroid hormones. If it is high in spite of the normal thyroid hormones indicate that there is either a problem in the pituitary gland or you are already taking the thyroid supplements in some dosages.I hope I have tried my best to simplify. Please feel free to ask for any further clarifications if you need to.Well, a note on the hormonal issues. All the hormones are in a very very minute quantity and their inter-balance, feedback mechanism is very complex and very tender, can change with other factors that are impossible to correlate. In addition the clinical evaluation and picture has to be to correlated and is always changing.