Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What does it mean if my lower left side hurts

What does it mean if my lower left side hurts

Patient: What does it mean if my lower left side hurts

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query albeit short and specific.The commonest causes of pain in the left lower side in both the sexes are:- Colitis, meaning inflammation of the large bowel in this area. It is descending colon and sigmoid colon.- Stone in the left ureter.- Small intestinal inflammation- Lymph node masses- And in addition the left ovarian cyst, Fallopian tube problems can cause similar problems in female patients.Clinical evaluation, physical examination, tests of blood, urine, stool and ultrasonography and / or CT scan can diagnosed most of the cases and an appropriate treatment can be done.I hope this answer helps you.