What does it mean when you get a light colored periods

Q: What does it mean when you get a light colored period and it stops that day then 2 days later it comes back light colored again and finally the day after that its completely gone?

A:   Hi,

Scanty flow during periods is called as hypomenorrhea.
It can occur due to many causes like gonadal hormonal imbalance due to like polycystic ovary disease, stress and strain, weight changes etc, thyroid abnormalities, prolactin level abnormalities, hereditary, general conditions like anemia and deficiency of other nutrients, diabetes etc.
If there is any possibility of pregnancy, you have to rule out implantation bleeding.
If there is no possibility of pregnancy and hypomenorrhea repeats in future cycles, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.

get examined to access the built, hemoglobin levels, thyroid status, BMI etc. Investigations like thyroid profile, gonadal hormonal profile, prolactin levels estimation, estimation of blood sugar levels and hemoglobin levels, ultrasound etc helps in finding out the causes of scanty flow. Then treatment can be planned accordingly. Take care.